The very first article I published on The Art of Manliness was How to Shave Like Your Grandpa, where I explained how to get started with safety razor shaving. Lots of guys learned about old-school shaving from that article, but there is another guyÂ who has brought farÂ more men into the fold of safety razor shaving — and all kinds of shaving for that matter — than that article. His name is Mark Herro, but he’s better known as Mantic59. Through his YouTube videos, he’s taughtÂ millions of men how to shave, and in so doing has become the “Dad of the Internet.” Besides his popular YouTube channel, Mark runs the shaving blog Sharpologist. Today on the podcast, Mark and I discuss the ins and outs of old school wet shaving and the secrets of getting a close, comfortable shave.
- How Mark ended up teaching millions of men how to shave on the internet
- The benefits of shaving with a safety razor
- Affordable wet shaving starter kits
- Do you need a brush?
- The steps to a perfect shave
- The strokes you should use to get a close, comfortable shave
- What to do about razor burn
- How big shaving companies have responded to the rise of traditional wet shaving
- And much more!
If you shave on a regular basis and have thought about making the switch to safety razor shaving, be sure to check out Mark’s blog, Sharpologist, and his YouTube channel. You’ll find everything you need to know in order to get started.
Listen to the Podcast! (And donâ€™t forget to leave us a review!)
Listen to the episodeÂ on aÂ separateÂ page.